I have a promise coming.

In the daily routine of living, the getting up and lying down, the individual rhythm to which I move about my day; I have a promise coming. In the days or weeks or seasons of life when nothing feels easy or rehearsed; I have a promise coming.

How can there be peace, joy and hope in the middle of darkness? Because on the other side of 'it' is a piece of our promised land. Faith fights. God conquers. We have to press the thing through in order to reap and savor the benefits. I serve a God who is mighty and able to deliver us from any and all pain but He desires to turn our weakness into strength. He desires to see us through. Why? Because we have a promise coming. And there is nothing small about His promises.


The Master Builder

It's hard to see things grow old. The town in which I grew up is growing old....Some of the buildings are boarded up. Some of the houses are torn down....The old movie house where I took my dates has "For Sale" on the marquee....

I wish I could make it all new again. I wish I could blow the dust off the streets...but I can't.

I can't. But God can. "He restores my soul", wrote the shepherd. He doesn't reform; he restores. He doesn't camouflage the old; he restores the new. The Master Builder will pull out the original plan and restore it. He will restore the vigor. He will restore the energy. He will restore the hope. He will restore the soul.

-The Applause of Heaven

Romans 15:13 :)
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment