Jane, Karen, and Lindsay

Rebecca, Tony, and John

Jim and Kyle


2007.


To bring in the New Year, Kyle and I spent the first part of the evening gathered together with some friends from church. Everyone brought a dish--and now our new friends are very much aware of my domestic challenges when it comes to cuisine. Fortunately, for them, no major flops but our relationships are just beginning so they've been warned...it's only a matter of time. :) It was fun to be together. Much like our community group, there's love all over these people. We ducked out early and headed to the house to have Ryan and Tara over. When the ball dropped we raised our bubbly and standing with the three of them, I was thankful, again, for the amazing people God has put in our lives.



One side note: Not to be left out of the festivities, my 12 pound always out of control dog, managed to scale the heights of our counter--pull a plate of shrimp down--and inhale 18 jumbo size shrimp with shrimp tails intact. I was sure we'd be visiting the local vet for a small bowel obstruction but once again, he survived. 2007 might be prove to be his last.

Since then, Kyle's been to Texas and back and somehow, the first couple weeks of the New Year have gotten away from us. Neither of us made any big resolutions...only because I've yet to keep just one. However, I want to be intentional about my days. I've forgotten so much of 2006 but I know our days and moments are not lost. One day we will be reminded.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment