GO COLTS!!

So, I may not qualify as a die-hard football fan. Actually, I'm far from it. In all fairness, I do rank higher than many-especially with regards to the ladies out there but it's not really the football that gets me revved up. (which completely disqualifies me as a true fan, I know). I'm all about the food and mood. Today, I will pull on one of Kyle's big oversized colts sweatshirts. I'll grab the coziest blanket in the world and I'll curl up with husband & stinky on the couch. Kyle's made some chili in anticipation of the big game and we have wood to burn in the fireplace. mmmm. Doesn't get much better, does it? A friend or two may join us--and company is always something to smile about.

Now this is different then Packer games at Grandma's. There's not as much racket with everyone yelling and clapping (or, occasionally cussing) at the TV. The spread on the dinner table is not nearly as varied or as tantalizing to the tastebuds. And sadly, there are no big, thick white flakes falling from the sky-which is what is happening in my home town today. But, the mood of the night is delightful--just like it always was on game day in the frozen tundra.

I'll play the part of a football fan for the rest of my days. it's just that good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment