'Suppose I really am Somebody?' -- M. Angelou


Okay, 'so what'’s the deal with the title?' you might be wondering...…No, I promise, this is not the cry of someone with zero self esteem or a passive attempt to get your attention! :) It was a question posed by Maya Angelou at a pivotel time in her life. One day she dared to believe that, maybe, it might be true. '‘Suppose I really AM somebody?' The day she allowed herself to believe that she was in fact, 'somebody', changed her life forever. She held her head up, she walked with confidence, and she gave her spirit a voice. She stumbled and made mistakes but because she saw her life with a purpose far greater than herself, she knew she was not meant for a life of defeat.

That's the kind of living I'm craving these days: bold; authentic; purposeful; free. Sometimes I forget I was created with purpose. Sometimes I forget I was meant to be free. But every day I'm learning...and somewhere, you are too.

I can't promise much about this site. Having never done anything like this before, I send this off knowing this might be the first and last entry ever written. Or, possibly, it will be a means to stay connected to those of you we rarely get to see due to distance or circumstance. Whatever the case, it will be a window into our lives-and we hope it will be a window into your's as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment