Happy birthday Marcia and welcome to the world, baby Ava!


“She dazzled everyone with her grace and charm.
And, yet, she was even more amazing on the inside”.



I'm afraid I’m a little bit homesick today. Not for Wisconsin, but for a certain group of people. For the lovely ladies pictured above. My soul sistas. :) These unbelievable women have, over time, gradually become permanent extensions of myself. I'm homesick for a brave woman in Indy who just gave birth to her first baby, for another woman in Texas who tenderly cares for a family of 5, and for yet another woman, living in the heart of Chicago who is full of passion and life and who will soon be embarking on a new journey of her own. I would do anything to be there to witness all of these incredible life changes. I long for time with each of them but mostly, I ache for what the experience is like when we’re all together. Real. Raw. Unfiltered. Free. All of our journeys have been so different-but our common thread through the years has been our faith. And because of this, for as long as I can remember, they’ve been my heart. My insides. That may sound gross to some of you but there's a small group out there who get that & surprisingly, may even take it as a compliment.

In some strange way, I’m thankful for the ache; for what it represents.
wishing each of you a bit of the same.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    compliment taken. :) here's to august! Love you. -maybe some day we will all see a picture of me when I am not pregnant...is there such a thing? :)

Post a Comment