Tonight was date night.

It had been waaay too long since we planned a night out to simply enjoy and celebrate each other and I must confess I was most excited to be with my man. As cheesy as this sounds, and I warn you-it IS cheesy-I had one of those moments tonight when I saw him walking across the room from me and I had to remind myself that he was coming to sit beside me...'lucky girl' I thought to myself as I stifled a foolish grin. :) After dinner we decided on a movie. As we walked up to get our tickets, we ran into some friends of Kyle's--also on date nights of their own. They asked what movie we were going to and Kyle bravely said, "Akeelah and the Bee". The angst! It was palpable. :) They, and the rest of Johnson City, were in line for Mission Impossible III. I know they probably thought "poor guy" as he walked away but he held his high. It WAS date night, afterall. Nothing to be ashamed of. And here's the thing, we both ended up loving the movie--which hasn't happened in a long time! No huge special effects-but a story line that moved us both. Oprah was right (yeah, I know, time to go back to work). Everyone should see this movie.
And so, at the end of the night, sleep is beckoning. I'm afraid it's true, all good things must come to an end. But, I can rest easy knowing the best thing in my world is right beside me.

Here's to date night and Akeelah and the Bee!


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
--Marianne Williamson (from the movie...)

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    good for you two! :)
    could we take the kids to see the movie?
    megan said...
    absolutely! Actually we were surrounded by kids. :)
    check out:
    http://www.akeelahandthebee.com/splash.html
    you may have to copy and paste it but once you get to their site you can watch the trailer.

    Yes, last night was so good. PTL!!! :)

Post a Comment