Well, after 10 solid days back on US ground, life is feeling a bit more like my own: might I even say, a bit better? :)

I love toilets that flush...and the throne with which to rest! I enjoy the luxury of brushing my teeth with water from the faucet...and that with one reliable turn of the nozzle, water comes out...every time. I am loving that my amoeba friend who took up resident in my belly appears to have surrendered to the antibiotics. Oh, the list could go on and on. Not because I didn't love every bit of Africa--I loved it more than I could have ever dreamed but simply because I needed fresh eyes and a realigned heart. Even over the basic, nonessentials of living.

Two random things I want to share:

Forever and always an Andrew Peterson fan, I loved his most recent journal entry and I thought some of you might too. So if you have a second click on the link below. Just further evidence of why he will always be my most favorite musician, song writer, and author...even if it's by way of his blog. :)

The Tick of the Clock-Andrew Peterson

And for the ladies out there: At Christmas I got this purse that was hand-made by Hands of Hope. I'm enclosing a link (just click on hands of hope in the previous sentence) because I love it that much. (thank you Milzareks!) It was my constant companion on my recent travels and now that I'm back I'm still loving it for every day stuff. It's simple; small; definitely Megs...not so much Kitty-(haha) but nonetheless, for kindred spirits out there, I think they make incredible gifts. If you go to the site, it's hard to tell by the pics just how beautiful the fabric is, you'll just have to trust me.

I copied a small blurb from their site because its worth noting who they are and why they exist:

Hands of Hope is a sewing business that aims to provide former commercial sex workers and other at-risk individuals in Cambodia further opportunities to build new futures for themselves and their families. Hands of Hope began as an extension of House of Hope, a Christian rehabilitation center located in Kompong Cham Province. Hands of Hope is a part of the ministry of InnerCHANGE, a Christian order serving among the poor.

Hands of Hope has created sewing and handicraft jobs for graduates from the House of Hope program. The anticipated goal is that each seamstress will remain an independent contractor and will successfully run her own small business sewing and creating Hands of Hope products. Through this, each woman will achieve an improved quality of life for herself and her family.


Good stuff.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks. I really needed this today.
    megan said...
    hmmm...I have no idea what being a parent feels like but when he (AP) invites me into parenthood by way of his writing, I get this amazing glimpse of the awe and wonder and terror of it all.

    You & shannon, with your tiny little army...I can't imagine!

    hope you are well. jamison has the sweetest, most precious little face.

    beautiful, are all of your kiddos. :)

Post a Comment