Celebrating Life Cancer Free!



I've mentioned that I work with some amazing ladies (and gents). :) Well, to offer proof I thought I would enclose some pics from today. Jackie carries many titles, some of the most important being wife, mother, daughter, friend. However, it's also worth mentioning that she, too, is a hospice nurse & cancer survivor. She oriented me when I came on staff and I saw very quickly how much our patients loved her. They welcomed her into their homes' like family; she'd love, kiss and joke around with them like she was nothing less. Jackie was diagnosed with breast cancer when her boys were very little but in spite the fear, the chemo treatments, and the sickness, she continued...to hope, believe, pray and live one day at a time. With a bald head, and a smile, she'd do her visits. I may be slightly biased but, truly, isn't she amazing?

5 Years ago, to date, Jackie received her diagnosis. To celebrate how far she's come, & the sheer gift and blessing of life, she decided to donate the hair from her first cut in 5 years by giving it to locks of love. We gathered together today at Design Studio to cheer her on.


Jared does the honors and makes the first cut! (sorry it's blurry-I came in just as he was about to do it so I fumbled around to get the shot...and you can tell!)


Locks of Love donation


The full celebrity treatment from Sam


Hot mama flip flops to go with hot mama hair!


Jared gives her a kiss


Sam, the stylist, and Jake and Jared


Love you, Jackie! You're amazing, my friend!
Cheers! ;)

4 Comments:

  1. Allison said...
    Megs,
    God is so good. I have been thinking a lot this weekend and after a long story that I'll share sometime, I decided yesterday to grow out my hair for locks of love. God just confirmed it all for me through this blog. Thank you, and thank Jackie for me too. I love you!
    Allison
    megan said...
    Alli...she inspired me to do the same! ;) Maybe we'll end up getting ours cut around the same time.
    love you girl. miss you so much!
    Marcia Melton said...
    What a great experience... and what great pictures! Thanks for sharing. We miss you and I'm working on planning my summer visit to see you! I love you!
    megan said...
    Marcia! Kyle said Ava walked tonight when he was on the phone with Greg!!! Yay!!! We miss you guys, too. so much!

    We would LOVE to have you visit!!!

Post a Comment