“Give us the grace to
admit we are ragamuffins,
to embrace our brokenness,
to celebrate Your mercy when
we are at our weakest, to
rely on Your mercy no
matter what we may do.
Dear Jesus, gift us to
stop grandstanding and
trying to get attention,
to do the truth quietly
and without display, to let
the dishonesties in our
lives fade away, to accept
our limitations, to cling to
the gospel of grace, and
to delight in Your love.”
~ Ragamuffin Gospel

Ragamuffin, I am. The quote above has been my prayer for a couple of months now. I guess I'm hoping if I say it enough it will begin to sink in. :) Oh, to live quietly and without display. To cling to grace and to delight in His love. Such is the place I pray grace will take me to.

Full.

that's how life has been lately and this is exactly how my heart feels as I sit and type. Our days are full, our weeks fly by, but there's a quality to living lately that seems to make everything brighter. I'm learning to appreciate the fullness of the people in our lives. I'm learning, contrary to what I've believed to be true, that this type of fullness does not make one weary; it enriches and satisfies.

Today I met a woman from church for coffee. I've never had a heart to heart with her alone before and it was surprising at how easy it was to be with her. It completely made my entire day. And so it's been lately with the people around me: adults and children; people I've brushed shoulders with but never really slowed down enough to know. Women of all ages, hopes and ambitions. Their energy is contagious.

I write with a grateful heart. I know who I am, what I deserve. And yet the sun shines, flowers grace the porch, we enjoy a meal by candlelight, under a canopy of trees. I am surrounded by people who bring depth and beauty into this world. His hands and feet. Ragamuffins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment