This past Saturday, Kyle and I took some wedding pictures for our good friend, Kari. She used to be Kyle's running buddy & friend at Milligan-but she's grown to be a close friend of both of ours over the past 5 years. She was married at her parent's home and it looked to me, like something out of Southern Living magazine. Very intimate and unbelievably beautiful. Her parent's home rests at the top of a hill, surrounded by mountains. Kyle took some awesome pictures but I'm afraid I'm only able to post some of mine--maybe his will come later. :)


















Sunday we hooked up with Luke and some friends to play out on Boone lake. I laughed all afternoon long-about everything and nothing. We likely blinded people with our pasty white bodies, and it's a miracle we all made it back to land fully intact. good times.

Today was a leisurely, lazy day. We fired up the grill for dinner tonight and I couldn't help but miss my family. We've been blessed with a lot of amazing friends in this part of the world, but these are the days that feel like they are just meant to be shared with family. There's just this little lingering ache in my heart, brought on by the smells of the grill and the sunshine.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. Tomorrow, we officially put on our big people panties/boxers and step into the grown up world of child rearing. I have literally grown up surrounded by kids, I love kids, I've wanted to be a mom since I said "I do" and yet, tonight, I confess, nervous energy is beginning to pulse through my veins. I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about once our week is through.
Rebecca, you are my "person to contact in case of emergency" person. ;)
No pressure.

Hope all is well for those of you far away.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Both you and Kyle have the ability to capture personalities in your photography, and that last picture of Kari is a great example - it's so very her. Here's wishing her and Ryan a life full of happiness.

    The only thing making me laugh harder than the thought of unwinding power cords or the thought of our accidental Two Stooges boat captaining routine is the thought of the stories you're gonna have from this week... can't wait.
    Marcia Melton said...
    Okay, so when my friend who has no formal artistic or photographic training takes pictures better than I do - I get a little jealous. Why aren't we starting this business together you little shit! Can I cuss on your blog? :)Love and miss you... especially on the nights I sit on the porch and sip a martini. Can I talk about my drinking on your blog? I know- you love me!
    megan said...
    Marcia!

    Let's be serious about the photos--are they fun? yes! And even more fun to take!! But professional? hardly. I'd still pay you big bucks to take pictures of our babes one day. ;)

    I wish I was there with you...out on the porch, sipping the drink. There's nothing you can't say on this blog. Honestly, that was my intention from the beginning. Free to be...

    So I guess we need to talk about the reunion. I hate to say this but I don't know how I would be able to get back since I just had to take off for the wedding. But, we'll see. You're right. It would be sooooo fun.
    we'll talk soon!

Post a Comment