Happiest Sunday.

I'm not sure what the weather's been like for all of you who are scattered across the globe but here in our little corner, it's been super hot all week and the humidity envelopes you the second you step outside. I get sticky standing perfectly still. yuck. This is always a little shocking to my senses because you would swear it's frigid outside with how cold Kyle likes to keep the house (a whopping 68 degrees at bedtime). I sleep in pants, socks, a shirt--occasionally my robe, covered with a fluffy blanket and a down comforter while Kyle kicks it in...well, not so much, with the fans blowing overhead.
Ah, married life. :)


Best thing about my day today?
Sitting at a cabin by the lake, talking about everything and nothing. After church we all migrated over to this little oasis on the water. One of our friends from church was baptized and then people hit the lake to tube, swim, or just kick it on the dock. While Kyle-and many others-were flying all over the lake on the jet ski and people were tubing and laughing out on the water, I so completely needed time to just be. Most days I'd be out there too, loving every minute of the waves and the sun and the water. But today, I loved sitting and talking and it was nice to listen to the laughter all around us. Thanks Becca for hanging out-I didn't realize how much I was craving that.

I miss my girls from home so often. I miss those nights at college where I would stay up forever-laughing and talking with my girl allison, even though we'd lived all of our stories together all day long. Today, was a little more of that and it was lovely. ;) Happiest, most peaceful Sunday of the summer so far.

So, here's to another week: More sunshine and evening thunderstorms; more sweltering heat and wearing parkas to bed; here's to that peaceful pause at the end of every day and to the people we're meant to share them with.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Sounds like our house. Me freezing and Ray breaking a sweat. I too sleep in socks and the whole get up.. that is when i'm not sneaking and changing the thermostat.

    I hate we missed the fun at the lake. We were going to come, but it was sprinkling at our house so we decided to sit this one out. Glad you guys had a good time.
    megan said...
    nicole--
    we missed you guys too!! we're so glad you're back and that CA was sunny and wonderful. i love reading your blogs...they always make me laugh.

    have a good week!
    Eric McCarty said...
    Your hubby's taking this fridge thing too far. Tell him to leave the thermostat alone and go back to . . . oh, nevermind.

    Great writing!
    megan said...
    Eric!
    You know...when I changed templates I lost your address so thanks for the comment b/c now I can check your blog again!! We loved the write up in the business journal! ;)

    I'll be sure to pass your words of wisdom on to kyle. haha. take care!

Post a Comment