Happy Birthday Grandma!



just a little update.

It feels like summer in this part of the world: All the trees are blossoming (including the mean poison ivy that grabbed me by the ankle and plagued me for a couple weeks) & the birds have resumed their place on our bird feeders. We've been outside tonight pulling weeds with the hope of doing some serious landscaping in a week or two. I always miss our neighbor Rachel this time of year; I wonder if she'd be happy to see us outside in her garden or mortified at what it's become, despite our best efforts.

Kyle is loving his work. He's been consistently busy with all kinds of different projects. I'm thankful. For many things, but mostly for who he is, for where we've been and where we are today. He also does a mean rendition of the song 'unwritten'-which wows me into...hmmm, shall we say, awe? every time. :)

We are, once again, house hunting. Brace yourselves, I think this time, it's for real. :) I was all set to settle in to our little home for a couple more years but after lots of discussion, we are checking out what's on the market. We want to get our house ready with updates and landscaping over the next 2-3 months and then, we'll see what happens. It's exciting! Lots of dreaming and planning...I like to live "in my head" so I LOVE running around and looking at homes. One thing we've realized as we've driven around, is that we are finally completely on the same page!! I know. AMAZING.

Work for me, continues to be my heart. It was a sad week last week-we've lost a lot of patients recently who meant a lot to us. They brought in a counselor one night last week just to have a debriefing session with our team. It was nice to hear my co-workers thoughts. No longer is turn over a big problem; no longer are there any significant conflicts. I feel like we've really grown as a team...and it's satisfying to go through work with a group of people I respect so much.

Church is becoming a more real, significant part of our lives. (I know I talk about my faith and church and God a lot and if I'm redundant, I apologize. But I'm afraid I can't promise to stop because there's bound to be more, it's such a reflection of where we are right now.) I wish I could articulate what I see/feel happening in and around me but I'm still mulling it all over. On Sunday, John mentioned that this summer we will be encouraged to really dig deep into the lives of people in our community. My stomach flutters even as I type. I want so desperately to be challenged in that way. Sure, I could go there on my own; but the truth is, I haven't.
It's time.

And so there you have it.
Our life in a few paragraphs.
We hope all is well on your end!

3 Comments:

  1. Allison said...
    Megs,
    Just so you know, there are some beautiful homes in the NE corner of Florida...say...around Jacksonville. Several homes in a very cute neighborhood. Rumor has it that some cool people are moving there soon and you two should join them...just something for you two to consider. Love you both! :-)
    Allison
    megan said...
    As much as I love you...and the warm FL sunshine, I think we're home. But, we will definitely be visiting often!!

    by the way, your blog about work was soooo funny. it made me laugh out loud. I, too, have been victimized by a super charged power chair. :) I'll have to share that story with you later. Too funny. Anyway, love you girl. be well!
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Megan! Sorry i commented on the wrong post. Concerning your last paragraph . . . I think that’s just it . . . we all know individually that we need to share our faith and lives with those who don’t know Jesus. But it’s hard to go it alone. Let’s do it together makes a lot more sense, is a lot more fun and it really is what fuels a movement.

Post a Comment